Here are 6 more advanced “tricks” for short story characterization
Here are the first six, which included:
- Combining characters who serve the same function in the story.
- Being careful about the timing and weight of non-central characters.
- Having your character be interesting in the first place.
- Not mistaking idiosyncrasies for character depth.
- How minimalism is an artistic style not a copout for weak ass characters.
- The reason you have to actually read literary journals.
If you haven’t read them already, read the first 6 short story characterization tricks, before moving on.
Read the rest of this post HERE.